By means of this information notice, in accordance with the data protection legislation in force, PANETTA Law Firm, acting as data controller (the ‘Firm’ or the ‘Data Controller’), intends to provide detailed information regarding the cookies installed on its website www.panetta.net (the ‘Website’).
For any further information or clarification regarding the personal data processing operations carried out by the Firm through and in connection with the Website, please write to [su_button url=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” background=”#FEBD2D” color=”#000000″ icon=”icon: envelope”]Send email[/su_button].
1. WHAT COOKIES ARE
Cookies are little text files that a visited website or application sends to the browser of the user’s computer or mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets), where they are stored before being sent back to the same website on the user’s next visit.
Cookies serve different purposes, such as IT authentication, session monitoring and storing information on specific configurations to optimize the user experience.
A first crucial distinction is between session and persistent cookies. If a cookie does not contain an expiration date, it is considered a session cookie, meaning that it is stored in memory but never written to disk: when the browser closes, the cookie is permanently lost from this point on. On the contrary, when the cookie contains an expiration date, it is considered a persistent cookie: on the specified date, the cookie will be removed from the disk.
A second and even more important distinction is between first-party and third-party cookies, depending on whether they are installed by the website you are visiting (first-party cookies), or by other websites (third-party cookies). First party cookies are generally used to enable website owners to collect analytics data, remember language settings, and perform other useful functions that ensure a good user experience. Third-party cookies, which are created by domains other than the website that you are visiting, are usually leveraged for online-advertising purposes.
That being said, it is possible to further distinguish cookies in the following categories, based on their purpose of use: technical (essential), analytical, functional and profiling cookies.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES
4. COOKIE MANAGEMENT
When accessing any page of the Website, the user is shown a banner containing brief information on how cookies are managed and the choices that the user can make. Before continuing with navigation, users are invited to read such information and to indicate preferences regarding the installation of optional cookies for which their consent is needed. For this purpose, the user can switch optional cookies on by clicking on the ‘ACCEPT ALL COOKIES’ button or, alternatively, refuse their installation clicking on “REFUSE ALL COOKIES” or select each specific type of cookie to be installed clicking on “Cookie settings” button. Once the users have made their choices through the menu, they will have to save them by clicking on the specific ‘GEAR’ button on the bottom left of the page. Please note that the switch command to activate or deactivate a specific type of cookie is set by default to ‘Off’ mode.
5. HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
In line with the provisions of the applicable legislation, with particular regard to the simplified procedures with which each user can express his or her wish not to have one or more specific types of unnecessary cookies installed (i.e. exercise the opt-out), the user may at any time modify his or her consent, if already given, to the installation of individual optional cookies thanks to the special panel accessible at paragraph 4 of this notice.
In any case, if desired, the user can also manage cookies directly through the settings of your browser, according to the procedures indicated in the following links:
However, by deleting cookies in this way, the user could remove the preferences set for this Website, which is why it would be advisable to periodically visit this page to check them again.
Further ways to prevent the installation of cookies on the user’s terminal consist in the possibility of: i) refusing third party cookies by default using certain functions of certain browsers; ii) activating the ‘Do Not Track’ option (automatic interruption of the collection of certain navigation data) available in most of the latest generation browsers; iii) activating the ‘anonymous navigation’ mode.
It should be borne in mind, however, that the deactivation of cookies may complicate navigation or prevent you from moving freely from one page to another, making full use of all the features of the Website.
6. DATA SUBJECTS’ RIGHTS
The users can at any time exercise their rights in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, including:
- accessing their personal data, obtaining evidence – among others – of the purposes pursued by the Data Controller, the categories of data involved, the recipients to whom the data may be disclosed, the applicable storage period, the existence of automated decision-making processes;
- having incorrect personal data referred to them rectified without delay;
- having their data erased, unless a specific exemption applies, when such data (i) are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; or (ii) have been unlawfully processed; or (iii) have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Firm is subject;
- obtaining restrictions to processing operations, when (i) the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the user (solely for the period enabling the Firm to verify the accuracy of the personal data); (ii) the processing is unlawful and the user opposes the erasure of his/her personal data and requests the restriction of their use; (iii) The Firm no longer needs the personal data for the purposes identified above, but they are required by the user for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- requesting portability of the data provided to the Firm, receiving them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, also for transmitting such data to another controller, without any hindrance by the Firm;
- withdraw the consent provided in relation to those processing which are based on this legal ground, without this may affect in any manner the lawfulness of the processing operations carried out until that moment;
- lodge a complaint to the competent Data Protection Authority (Garante per la Protezione dei Dati).
As indicated above, the data controller is PANETTA Studio Legale, who can be contacted to exercise the rights listed above or for any information regarding the processing of data covered by this statement, by mail at Piazza Colonna n. 355, 00187 – ROME, or by e-mail: [su_button url=”mailto:email@example.com” background=”#FEBD2D” color=”#000000″ icon=”icon: envelope”]Send email[/su_button]