07 Jan Legitimate-Interest Processing under the GDPR
Our Managing Partner, Rocco Panetta, will be among the speakers of the next international web conference organized by IAPP, next January 23th, 8:00–9:00 a.m. PT, 11:00 a.m.–noon ET, 5:00–6:00 p.m. CET.
To join the webconf for free you have to be a IAPP member. To visit the IAPP website, click on the following button.
Free IAPP Web Conference
Brought to you by Anonos
Legitimate-Interest Processing under the GDPR:
How to Satisfy the Legal and Technical Requirements
Broadcast date: Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020
Time: 8:00–9:00 a.m. PT, 11:00 a.m.–noon ET, 5:00–6:00 p.m. CET
Processing data under the EU General Data Protection Regulation’s legitimate-interest legal basis can bring many benefits, but to do so properly, the right technical and organizational safeguards must be in place. What are those benefits? They include:
- Greater flexibility in complying with data subjects’ right to be forgotten requests.
- Flexibility in complying with claims to restrict the processing of personal data.
- Exemption from data subjects‘ right of portability.
- The ability to claim that technical and organizational measures are in place in the context of automated decision making.
All of which bring significant value to the organization. If that’s the case, then what are the technical and organizational safeguards that must be implemented to realize these benefits, and how can your organization put them in place? Join us for this privacy education web conference to learn about this and more.
You’ll hear from experts in the field about:
- How merely claiming to have a legitimate interest in the results of processing is not enough without having accountability controls to support data protection by design and default and transparency obligations.
- What types of technical/organizational safeguards help to satisfy the “Balancing on Interest” test to enable legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing under the GDPR.
- The benefits that greater/lawful data use bring when legitimate interest safeguards are implemented properly.
- The risks that exist when claiming legitimate interest as a legal basis without having the proper safeguards in place.
Dave Cohen, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, Knowledge Manager, IAPP
Gary LaFever, CEO, Anonos
Rocco Panetta, CIPP/E, Managing Partner, Panetta & Associati
Ailidh Callander, Legal Officer, Privacy International
In connection with this sponsored web conference (called the “Innovation Series”), the IAPP provides an attendee list to the sponsor(s) of the Innovation Series for that particular web conference, which includes attendee names, titles, organizations and email addresses.
This web conference is sponsored by Anonos (“the sponsor”) and because of that sponsorship it is free of charge to you. The IAPP will collect certain personal information from you so we can deliver the web conference to you, and will share this information with the sponsor as part of fulfilling our contract with you to deliver this web conference for free. The sponsor has agreed:
- To contact you only about the subject of the Innovation Series and their related products and services;
- Not to pass your personal information to a third party;
- To comply with privacy, data protection, and security laws and regulations.
If you do not wish for your information to be passed along to the Innovation Series sponsor(s), you should not sign up for this free web conference. Alternatively, you may access the archive of the Innovation Series without providing information to sponsors. However, access to the archive is not live and provides less functionality.
You may contact the sponsor directly in order to express your preferences with regard to direct marketing communication at:
Eligible CPEs: CIPP/A, CIPP/C, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM, and CIPT.
1.0 CPE credit